Welcome to my home page!
My name is Jamie Holifield. I currently teach Global and US History and am the co-advisor for Black Student Union here at Nicolet.
U.S. History: Classroom expectations and syllabus
Global History: Classroom expectations
Students, if you are absent, you will find handouts in the folder organizer next to the classroom door. I will also provide handouts and assignments missed electronically via Canvas. Please see your class syllabus for information and for grading policies on make up assignments, assessments, and class work.
Grading and Late Work Policy:
For semester grades, the semester exams are worth 20% of your grade. The other 80% is made up of total points earned from classwork, homework, projects, and papers during the semester. Late work for a specific unit will not be accepted once that unit's assessment has been given. Please keep this in mind when completing work for the course concerning your overall grade.
For semester grades, the semester exams are worth 20% of your grade. The other 80% is made up of summative assignments completed in the course. Formative assignments do not count towards your grade, but are extremely important to complete as practice so that you understand the learning targets and ensure success for your summative assessments. Late work for a specific unit will not be accepted once that unit's summative assessment is given. Please keep this in mind when completing work for the course concerning your grade.
Please check Skyward for all missing assignments and assist you in following up with your student's progress with the course. All completed homework is typically posted within 1-3 days of the due date in Skyward.
My tardy policy aligns with the school policy on tardies outlined within the student handbook.
Students: You must physically be in the classroom once the bell rings and make sure you have scanned in to be counted as present. This is your responsibility. Please make sure you take care of what you need to during your transitions between classes. This includes using the bathroom, getting water, or anything else need to take care of. No passes will be given in the first or last 10 minutes of class. If you are late to class, please make sure to obtain a pass from the teacher you were working with or you must go to the high school office to obtain a tardy pass.
email@example.com (best method of contact for quicker response)
I typically check my school email pretty frequently during the school day before 4pm. After 4pm, I more than likely will not get back to you until the next school day. Please keep that in mind when emailing with questions or concerns. I am available to offer help outside of class either during 4th hour resource period or by scheduling an appointment with me for help after school when I am available.